- The way our interpretation solutions work reflects the importance of technology while keeping the human interpreter at the center of the process.
- Other than face-to-face consecutive interpretation, which is the oldest, simplest and most accurate form of interpretation, the solutions listed below all depend on modern technology to work.
Technology has and will continue to enhance the quality of human interpretation services.
For each solution we list some of the key features, how they work and their benefits.
Interprenet saved my life. We were at a conference at the Ritz-Carlton in Washington DC for a Private Equity group and suddenly the system that we had contracted crashed!
I called in and you offered me your Remote Simultaneous Interpretation platform on your smartphone app.
We set up our interpretation channels in less than 30 minutes and continued with our conference. Interprenet is easy to set up and to use!
The Interprenet Advantage™ for Interpretation Technology
Powered by a cloud-based platform, our technology supports real-time interpretation services for hundreds of events every year in a broad range of industries.
Specialized sound isolation, Radio Frequency and Infrared equipment with today’s leading brands, to ensure a seamless in-person interpretation service.
Access to a remote interpreter in any language within seconds, on a platform built on superior technology and call capacity.
Face-to-face, secure and encrypted video interpretation with a user-friendly interface that works on any device.
Advances in speech recognition, machine translation and voice synthesis are making fully automated interpretation a reality, though one that must be faced with caution.
When an unexpected term comes up in the middle of a speech, CAI tools give interpreters that extra support to complete their interpretation accurately.
Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI)
Powered by a cloud-based platform, our technology supports real-time interpretation services for hundreds of events every year in a broad range of industries. RSI is not only perfect for traditional events with on-site attendees, but it is the ideal way to integrate high-level remote interpretation into your next web conference or online meeting.
Intuitive Interface for Remote Interpreters
High Quality Audio and Video
Advanced Control Panel for Live Monitoring and Event Management
- Advanced control panel interface allows for world class interpretation service support during event. Provides a detailed overview of interpreters, users and connections in real-time, allowing remote control of all microphones and channels.
- Event or company logo can be made visible on the App, reinforcing the partner’s or client’s brand identity.
- Video and audio files can be recorded and mixed for post-event use if requested by client.
- Next generation statistics. Detailed reports including number of users per language, room and type of device.
Privacy and Security
- Best practices for network security on the Interprefy platform — a 128-bit encryption across all communication streams is used; SRTP encryption is used for media and DTLS-SRTP for key negotiation.
- The cloud-based platform software is installed on dedicated servers on several continents.
- Separate cloud-based sessions and language rooms — which are accessed by individual tokens — are created for each event.
In-person Simultaneous Interpretation (SI)Unlike RSI, in-person simultaneous interpretation requires extensive professional installation and management of specialized equipment to ensure a seamless interpretation service. While some equipment requirements can vary slightly, the core components are the same.
- Tabletop: Placed on a table, surrounding the interpreter on most sides it only provides partial sound isolation. This is recommended for smaller audiences or tighter spaces. Minimum 5ft by 3ft footprint.
- Full booth: A larger fully enclosed booth offering excellent sound isolation, complete with four walls and suitable for a team of two interpreters. Each language booth requires a minimum 8ft by 8ft footprint on your event floor.
Over-the-phone Interpretation (OPI)
Over-the-phone interpreting is the fastest and simplest way to reach an interpreter in any language and any industry.
Video Remote Interpretation (VRI)
VRI is an excellent alternative to in-person consecutive interpretation. Use any device like a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone to download our application and securely connect to a live, face-to-face video interpreter in one of several languages including sign language.
- For your convenience, use your own device like a smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer to have access to a virtual face-to-face interpreter. VRI works with your current infrastructure and does not require extensive technical support or any investment in new hardware.
- Superior technology makes our user interface easy to use and ready to go with WIFI, ethernet or cellular connection. The software adjusts to your internet speed to maintain and optimize the quality of the network connection.
- Secure and encrypted video network for privacy and security compliance.
Machine Interpretation (MI)
Machine interpretation is no longer a futuristic dream. While still limited in its ability to deliver fully reliable interpretation, it can be used during meetings and events where otherwise no alternative form of interpretation may be available.
While machine interpretation happens instantly, it depends on three key processes that are continuously evolving and improving the quality of real-time translation:
- Speech recognition: Cloud-based software recognizes what is said in a language and converts it into text.
- Neural Machine Translation (NMT): Text is automatically translated into the target language through specialized machine translation platforms that are customizable and adaptive or self-learning.
- Text-To-Speech (TTS): The MI platform enables speech synthesis which reads out the preferred simulated voice to the target audience on a smartphone app or any electronic device.
Computer-Assisted Interpretation (CAI)
Technology is helping simultaneous interpreters to reach 100% accuracy.
Computer-Assisted Interpretation tools are providing novel ways for interpreters to receive real time interpretation assistance related to technical terminology, acronym identification, and proper names clarification.
- Live captions: Speech recognition and live caption options enhance the interpreter’s ability to grasp the full message of a speaker by seeing the live transcript displayed on their interface.
- Data banks and specialized glossaries: Entire speeches and glossaries can be entered into cloud-based servers which can in turn provide on-demand specialized terminology support to interpreters during a conference right on their interface.
- Notification pop-ups: As data processing becomes more intelligent during events interpreters can enable pop-ups on their screen which automatically display technical terms or crucial concepts with their equivalent translation.