Simultaneous interpretation is the process of interpreting what is said, from one language into another, while it is being said, historically offered by interpreters onsite. However, in the last few years, remote interpretation has revolutionized the industry by providing equivalent interpreting services at a fraction of the cost.
What is Remote Simultaneous Interpretation?
- Simultaneous interpretation is the process of interpreting what is said, from one language into another, while it is being said.
- Simultaneous interpreters must think extremely quickly and in two different languages, as they interpret everything said by the speaker in real time to the audience listening on smartphones or other devices.
- There are two main types of interpretation, onsite and remote.
- Historically since the Nuremburg Trials, simultaneous interpretation has only been offered by interpreters onsite, who had to be physically present at the location of the conference.
- However, in the last few years, this is no longer the case as remote interpretation revolutionizes the industry providing equivalent interpreting services at a fraction of the cost.
- Powerful cloud-based technology makes it possible for remote interpreters to offer simultaneous interpretation from anywhere around the world and at any time, from their own autonomous offices.
What are the Benefits of Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI)?
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation is the smart and cost-effective solution for the differing possible options of interpretation services at live conferences and virtual meetings.
- Conference attendees can listen conveniently to simultaneous interpretation on their smartphones connected to WiFi or mobile data.
- They just download our application and can begin listening to interpretation within a few seconds.
- Event planners and conference organizers don’t have to organize the labor-intensive and costly distribution of equipment consisting of wireless receivers and headsets for participants to listen to interpretation
- Sound isolation or sound proof booths are no longer needed because interpreters work remotely.
- This saves a lot of floor space and further reduces conference interpretation costs.
- Interpreters don’t have to travel long distances to international conferences which eliminates expensive flight and accommodation expenses.
- For large conferences with multiple breakout rooms and languages, the carbon footprint of an event is reduced significantly.
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation makes it easy to plan events requiring interpretation services.
- There is no limit to the number of breakout rooms and languages that can be added, even on short notice.
- Special event organizers don’t have to manage groups of interpreters and technicians on the ground.
- Instead, the interpreting service is offered seamlessly to those who need it, when they need it and on their own electronic devices.
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation is also compatible with traditional RF or IR systems and headsets.
- By using remote simultaneous interpreting services, an average of more than 50% cost savings is achieved over traditional simultaneous interpretation services without sacrificing interpreting quality.
- Remote Simultaneous Interpreters are experienced linguists accredited and trained to provide simultaneous interpreter services in the most demanding technical settings.
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation is ideal for virtual meetings or webinars on any web conferencing platform of choice.
- Remote participants can connect remotely to their online meeting on any platform and listen to the simultaneous interpretation on their smartphone or other electronic devices.
How does Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI) Work?IntepreNet’s RSI platform connects conference speakers, attendees and remote simultaneous interpreters in the following way:
- Conference attendees do not understand the speaker’s language. Instead, our smartphone application is used to listen in their own native language. The simultaneous interpretation is streamed live with no delay or drop in quality. They can hear everything as if the interpreter was in the same room next to them.
Remote Interpretation Platform Technology Features
- The Speaker interface is browser-based and does not require any software to be downloaded.
- It runs on a computer that is connected to the internet, making it easy to set up the audio and video upload from the event speaker to the remote interpretation team.
- The Interpreter interface is intuitive and easy to use.
- The only equipment required by the remote interpreter is a laptop connected to the internet, a quality headset and microphone.
- The Smartphone application only takes a few seconds to download and can just run on Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- The listener enters a single token once, and selects the language interpretation of choice.
- Low battery consumption allows the app to run all day long.
- Our cloud-based interface acts as a gateway for your favorite virtual meeting platform.
- Whether you prefer Skype, Webex, Zoom, or any other platform, we can integrate simultaneous interpretation into your online meetings enabling you to communicate effortlessly across all languages.
- The RSI Platform is also available as a standalone web conferencing platform designed to be used with live interpretation in as many languages as necessary.
Benefits of Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI) for Web Conferencing
- RSI for Web Conferencing can be used for remote participants attending from anywhere in the world.
- Attendees can log into your web conferencing platform of choice as they do normally, and listen to real-time interpretation on their smartphone or other electronic device.
- RSI for Web Conferencing is ideal for online meetings, with back-and-forth interaction and dialogue on our smartphone app.
- RSI for Web Conferencing is ideal for online webinars, with remote participants listening to interpretation on our smartphone app.
- International meetings are more efficient.
- Attendees can speak comfortably to each other in different languages, without having to pause for the interpreter and waste valuable time.
- Affordable hourly rates are available instead of full day or half day minimums.
- It is extremely easy to set up.
- Increases your global access to international markets by bridging the language gap seamlessly.
- There is no limit to the number of people around the world who can join and listen to your webinar in their own language.
How Does RSI for Web Conferencing Work?
- You send us a regular invitation to your online meeting on your preferred web conference platform, which we in turn feed into our own interface.
- A qualified remote simultaneous interpreter logs into our Interpreter interface and is able to observe your virtual meeting and to interpret everything back into the required language.
- Your participants connect to your online meeting, the way they do normally on their computers.
- While the meeting takes place they can listen to the simultaneous interpretation on their smartphone or other electronic device of choice.
- To listen to the interpretation, your attendees download our app on their smartphones, which takes about 6-7 seconds.
- They select their language of choice and listen to real time interpretation through their headphones.
- Clients who don’t have a preferred web conferencing platform, can also use our RSI interface directly as their standalone meeting platform with integrated remote simultaneous interpretation.