RSI Interpretation Excellence
Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI) technology makes it possible for simultaneous interpretation to be offered remotely. However, the quality of any interpretation is only as good as the ability of an interpreter to interpret what is being said while it is said, from one language into another.
Simultaneous interpreting is often considered the most difficult and demanding form of interpretation. Simultaneous Interpreters are not able to stop to think about the meaning of a word before they interpret it. They need to know and understand what they are hearing in the source language, whether it is specialized or technical terminology in order to convert it into the target language in a synchronized manner with the speaker. If they stop or pause for too long the speaker will have created too much distance, and the interpreter will struggle to keep up with what is being said. For this reason simultaneous interpreters prepare thoroughly ahead of an event, and make sure they only interpret in those areas in which they have experience and proven competence.
RSI Interpreter Recruitment Process
Our interpreters undergo an in-depth recruitment process that includes the following stages:
- Interpretation skills test
- RSI Platform training
- Equipment overview and authorization
- Documentation review and approval
With RSI, the interpreters recruited also have superior computer IT skills enabling them to work remotely from a hub or autonomus office, and to follow the necessary guidelines for a successful simultaneous interpretation.
RSI Interpreters’ Experience and Qualifications
- Professionally Trained Conference Interpreters for Remote and Onsite Simultaneous Interpretation
- Conference Interpretation Degree from an established university or institute
- Average of 5 years’ experience in simultaneous interpretation
- Additional memberships/certifications may include AIIC, United Nations, TAALS, US Department of State Conference and Federal or State Court
- Expert interpretation for high-profile and technical events
Our interpreters are classified according to their level of specialization and professional qualifications in order for us to match the ideal interpreter to an assignment.