Remote Simultaneous Interpretation
- What is Remote Simultaneous Interpretation?
- What are the Benefits of Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI)?
- How does Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI) Work?
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI) for Online Web Meetings
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI) for Webinars
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI) for Webcasts
What is Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI)?
- Simultaneous interpretation is the process of interpreting what is said, from one language into another, while it is being said.
- Simultaneous interpreters must think extremely quickly and in two different languages, as they interpret everything said by the speaker in real time to the audience listening on smartphones or other devices.
- There are two main types of interpretation, onsite and remote.
- Historically since the Nuremburg Trials, simultaneous interpretation has only been offered by interpreters onsite, who had to be physically present at the location of the conference.
- However, in the last few years, this is no longer the case as remote interpretation revolutionizes the industry providing equivalent interpreting services at a fraction of the cost.
- Powerful cloud-based technology makes it possible for remote interpreters to offer simultaneous interpretation from anywhere around the world and at any time, from their own autonomous offices.
- To date our Interprefy RSI Platform has supported thousands of successful events throughout the world that have required simultaneous interpretation in more than seventy-five languages and counting. From Fortune 500 companies to the United Nations, hundreds of clients trust Interprenet’s interpretation global solutions. Find out why.
What are the benefits of Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI)?
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation is the smart and cost-effective solution for conferences of any size from small boardroom meetings with a handful of participants to stadium audiences of 30,000 users per language channel.
- Conference attendees can listen conveniently to simultaneous interpretation on their smartphones connected to WiFi or mobile data.
- Attendees just download our application and can begin listening to interpretation within a few seconds.
- Event planners and conference organizers don’t have to organize the labor-intensive and costly distribution of equipment consisting of wireless receivers and headsets for participants to listen to interpretation
- Sound isolation or sound proof booths are no longer needed because interpreters work remotely.
- This saves a lot of floor space and further reduces conference interpretation costs.
- Interpreters don’t have to travel long distances to international conferences which eliminates expensive flight and accommodation expenses.
- For large conferences with multiple breakout rooms and languages, the carbon footprint of an event is reduced significantly.
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation makes it easy to plan events requiring interpretation services.
- There is no limit to the number of breakout rooms and languages that can be added, even on short notice.
- Special event organizers don’t have to manage groups of interpreters and technicians on the ground.
- Instead, the interpreting service is offered seamlessly to those who need it, when they need it and on their own electronic devices.
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation is also compatible with traditional RF or IR systems and headsets.
- By using remote simultaneous interpreting services, an average of more than 50% cost savings is achieved over traditional simultaneous interpretation services without sacrificing interpreting quality.
- Remote Simultaneous Interpreters are experienced linguists accredited and trained to provide simultaneous interpreter services in the most demanding technical settings.
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation is ideal not only for conferences with on-premise audiences. but also for virtual meetings, webinars, webcasts and live streams for any size audience.
- Remote participants can connect remotely to their online meeting on any platform and listen to the simultaneous interpretation on their smartphone or other electronic devices.
Please email us or call us at 877-808-5030 for a complimentary consultation. You can also request a quote or an RSI demo by filling the above form.
How does Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI) work?
IntepreNet’s RSI Platform connects participants, remote simultaneous interpreters and attendees at a conference in the following way:
- A speaker at a conference speaks in one language. Their audio and video are streamed to a remote interpreter.
- The Speaker interface is browser-based and does not require any software to be downloaded.
- It runs on a computer that is connected to the internet, making it easy to set up the audio and video upload from the event speaker to the remote interpretation team.
- The remote interpreter sees and hears the conference speaker on their computer. They then interpret what is said as it is being said, into the target language.
- The Interpreter interface is intuitive and easy to use.
- The only equipment required by the remote interpreter is a laptop connected to the internet, a quality headset and microphone.
- A conference attendee does not understand the speaker’s language. Instead, she uses our smartphone application to listen in her own native language. The simultaneous interpretation is streamed live with no delay or drop in quality. She can hear everything as if the interpreter was in the same room next to her.
- The Smartphone application only takes a few seconds to download and can run on Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- The listener enters a single token once, and selects the language interpretation of choice. Event attendees can also listen to the interpretation on any other electronic device, such as a tablet or computer.
- Low battery consumption allows the smartphone app to run all day long.
- The RSI Platform is available as a standalone web conferencing platform (see next section below) designed to be used with live interpretation in as many languages as necessary.
- Our cloud-based interface also acts as a gateway for your favorite virtual or conference meeting platform.
- Whether you prefer Skype, Webex, Zoom, or any other platform, we can integrate simultaneous interpretation into your online meetings enabling you to communicate effortlessly across all languages.
Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI) for Online Meetings and Events
The above sections on RSI focus on remote simultaneous interpretation for regular conferences and meetings for which attendees are physically present. However remote simultaneous interpretation also works great for online meetings, conferences and broadcasts of various kinds. Below are three types of online events for which we provide remote simultaneous interpretation.
Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI) for Online Web Meetings
- For purposes of remote simultaneous interpretation, we define an online web meeting as an interactive online event or discussion between participants who attend remotely from anywhere around the world. A web meeting can also be described as a video conference call between two or more parties.
- The key distinction for us is that a web meeting is intended to proactively engage participants in a bilateral or multilateral conversation. In other words, a web meeting is designed for smaller groups, it is highly collaborative, and is perfect for less formal day-to-day meetings.
- On the other hand, webinars or webcasts are different because they are more formal unilateral or one-way presentations to a live audience.
What are the benefits of remote simultaneous interpretation for online web meetings?
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation for web meetings allows remote participants to attend your event from anywhere around the world and to listen and be heard in any language.
- RSI for web meetings increases your global access to international markets by bridging the language gap seamlessly.
- RSI for web meetings is ideal for online events with back-and-forth interaction and dialogue in multiple languages.
- International meetings are more efficient. Attendees can speak comfortably to each other in different languages, without having to pause for the interpreter and waste valuable time.
- Remote participants can join your online meeting on our Interprefy Platform – a standalone meeting platform with integrated remote simultaneous interpretation – or any other web conferencing platform of your choice (e.g. Webex, Zoom, GoToMeeting). They listen to live simultaneous interpretation on our smartphone app or on their computer through our high-quality browser-based interface audio.
- It is extremely easy to set up. Participants log into the web conference platform on their computer, by entering the authorized password, making sure to have a quality microphone, headphones and stable high-speed internet connection. On our Interprefy Platform they just select the incoming language in which they prefer to listen to the audio. If they are on a different platform, then they can listen to the live interpretation on our smartphone application or an audio link in a separate browser tab.
- Affordable hourly rates are available instead of full day or half day minimums.
- Remote Support is available 24/7 during all online meetings. Special troubleshooting support is also available for remote attendees requiring special assistance.
- There are several web meeting options available for small and large groups, from standard to classroom style web meetings.
Remote Simultaneous Interpretation is the preferred interpreting solution for web meetings worldwide, in any language, at any time. Tap into a global audience by integrating remote simultaneous interpretation into your web meetings.
Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI) for Webinars
- A webinar is a type of conference or seminar that is conducted over the Internet. A presentation takes place online, allowing participants around the world to see and hear the speakers and to ask questions and even answer polls. Remote simultaneous interpretation for webinars is quite similar to that used for traditional conferences with on-premise audiences.
- In fact, from our interpreters’ perspective, everything is much the same. We only use professional conference interpreters who have been trained to provide simultaneous interpretation at the highest level. These interpreters prepare thoroughly ahead of the webinar to ensure they fully understand the topics presented and know how to interpret even the most technical or complex industry-specific words.
What are the benefits of remote simultaneous interpretation for webinars?
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation substantially increases attendee registration for your webinars.
- International audiences will attend your online workshops, sessions and presentations if you deliver high-quality remote simultaneous interpretation for your webinar, in any language.
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation increases webinar attendance when it is promoted ahead of time as part a well-planned marketing campaign in the target audience’s native language.
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation is easy to set up and integrate into your webinar. As a speaker or moderator, if using our webinar platform you just need to log into our browser-based platform and activate your microphone, webcam and screen sharing. You don’t have to download any software or run any program on our browser-based interface.
- If you prefer to deliver your webinar on any other web conferencing platform (Zoom, Webex, GoToMeeting etc.), then you just send us an invitation to your event and we loop your webinar feed through our own gateway interface for our remote interpreters to hear and see everything.
- On our webinar platform, your remote audience can attend by simply logging into the webinar URL and entering the authorized password created for your event. They then select the language in which they wish to listen to the interpretation of your presentation. They don’t need to download any software or run any program.
- If attendees are connecting via your preferred webinar platform, then they can listen to the interpretation via our smartphone application or a browser-based link.
- The interpretation for your webinar is delivered in real time, with no delays or drops in audio quality.
- Questions can be asked in any language, through our event chat or in spoken mode through the webinar platform.
- On our classroom mode, attendees can “raise their hand” to ask a question in any language, and the moderator can enable their microphone and video if required. Everyone including main speakers, can listen to the live interpretation in their language of choice.
With remote simultaneous interpretation for webinars, you can reach new markets by delivering your message, your products and your services in any language, anytime and anywhere.
Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI) for Webcasts
- A webcast is a video broadcast of an event that is distributed over the Internet. For purpose of remote simultaneous interpretation, a webcast differs from an online web meeting or a webinar in the way it is set up to reach large numbers of listeners and viewers.
- To encourage viewer engagement and participation, websites often integrate social media and texting options for a live submission of comments and questions.
- With the use of onsite camera crews and professional studios, webcasts can become sophisticated productions that successfully target huge global audiences. Therefore, any language interpretation service integrated into a webcast must meet the highest quality standards both on the interpreter and technology sides.
What are the benefits of remote simultaneous interpretation for webcasts?
- Our remote simultaneous interpreters are professionally trained to provide expert simultaneous conference interpretation for the most demanding webcasts across a broad range of industries.
- Powered by Interprefy, our cloud-based technology platform delivers real time interpretation audio in as many languages as needed to your webcast production team. With virtually no latency or delay, you can overlay our interpretation audio over your live video stream with full confidence.
- The AV upload setup is extremely easy. We send you a URL link to our browser-based source interface through which you feed us your live stream. In turn, our remote interpreters use our interpreter interface to receive your live stream and send their interpretation audio back to you. This happens instantly with no delay.
- Likewise, getting our interpretation audio to you is also really easy. On a separate computer, you log into our browser-based audience interface, you select the language and encode the interpretation audio over your live stream. You can do this for as many languages as needed.
- Add as many languages as needed to your webcast and have your global audience view and listen directly through your own web portal or streaming channel of choice.
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation services for webcasts are ideal for international broadcasts, internal town halls, investor relations, training workshops, medical and pharmaceutical events, continuing education, social awareness and political campaigns and many more.
As a global leader of remote simultaneous interpretation services and with the largest worldwide network of qualified remote simultaneous interpreters in most languages, we are ready to assist you to make your international webcast a complete success.
Please email us or call us at 877-808-5030 for a complimentary consultation. You can also request a quote or an RSI demo by filling out the above form.