Government Interpreter Services
Whether you need an interpreter to translate for a foreign head-of-state, disability hearing, or for a psychiatric evaluation, Interprenet provides comprehensive government interpreter services in over 200 languages. Local, city, state and federal government agencies count on our top quality experienced linguists with high-level security clearances for sensitive projects to improve overall efficiency.
Why Government Agencies Require Interpretation Services
When dealing with interpreting services for government agencies such as defense, social services and immigration authorities, precision and correctness are what matter most. Clear communication is essential to handle routine matters. Official messages need to be accurate, for which choosing a reliable interpretation company can yield the best output.
Common challenges often faced by government that require the use of interpretation services include:
- Increased number of immigrants and refugees make it vital for government agencies to undertake efforts to bridge communication barriers with Limited English Proficient (LEP) residents
- Constricted budgets – trying to balance concerns for public health, safety, equitable access, etc.
- Knowing what type of language demands are associated with each interaction (e.g. interviews with case workers, public hearings, etc.)
- Finding the strategies and resources to meet these overwhelming demands
- A need to accurately share information between and among diverse partners
- Delays in services and miscommunication errors lead to unnecessary visits and calls that impact the productivity of agency and the staff
Types of Interpreting Services for Government
Interprenet offers interpretation services that can improve your government agency’s workflow at all public facing touch points. These services can maximize your limited resources, reduce staff frustration and save you time, all while providing an unmatched experience for your LEP constituents.
The most beneficial interpreter service for government agencies is Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI). While Onsite Simultaneous Interpretation was once the preferred mode of interpretation, RSI has shown new light onto government agencies and is a much more efficient way to utilize these services to ultimately reduce costs while producing quality translations.
RSI is done in real time from anywhere in the world. Participants can connect to the event via their smartphones, tablets or laptops to view the speakers in action and listen to high-quality simultaneous interpretations in their native language.
- RSI has quickly become the most preferred method of interpretation due to its incredible convenience, as well as its ability to build stronger relationships and trust with the communities being served.
- Keeping up with rapid-fire discussions in real-time is crucial, which is why remote simultaneous interpretation is generally preferred in political scenarios.
- When in the middle of a heated debate, politicians are eager to have their voices heard as soon as possible. Without RSI, you run the risk of the speaker getting interrupted or not being able to effectively make an impactful statement.
- RSI services from Interprenet include nationally certified and government trained interpreters, confidentiality compliance, responsive support and flexible rates.
- RSI is ideal for these examples:
- Diplomatic, inter-government type events (G20, G8, EU, UN type events)
- Short proceedings for a cost-effective alternative to on-site court interpreters
- 9-1-1 emergency services
- Police & fire departments
- Public utilities companies
- Military proceedings
- Corporate conferences
Additional Types of Interpretation Services Include:
- Onsite Simultaneous Interpretation (OSI) OSI requires the interpreter to convey continuously the full and accurate meaning of what is said in the source language into the target language, with very minimal lag time behind the original message. This interpretation takes place onsite, in the same location as the speaker, and typically within a sound-proof booth.
- Having the interpreter on-site makes for a great and personal experience for LEP, Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing constituents.
- Governments have a responsibility to collect, uphold and broadcast information to the public. The information needs to be timely, accurate and accessible, and OSI is a reputable interpreter service to turn to that provides just that.
- OSI is ideal for these examples:
- Federal, State, County, and City Courthouses
- Immigration Proceedings
- Social Security Administration
- Office of Disability Adjudication and Review (ODAR) Courts
- International Conferences
- Onsite Consecutive Interpretation (OCI) OCI is a more sequential process with listening delays. It requires the interpreter to convey the entire meaning of speech from the source language into the target language after the speaker has concluded speaking. The process is then reversed if the listener speaks.
- This mode of interpretation is beneficial for government agencies that are holding smaller gatherings or meetings, which is commonly associated with a more intimate experience.
- OCI is ideal for these examples:
- Court proceedings
- Social services
- Homeland security
- Disaster relief
- Public health
- Visiting delegations
- Remote Consecutive Interpretation (RCI) The interpreter verbally conveys the translation of the source language message into the target language after the speaker has finished a sentence or phrase. This can be conducted from anywhere around the world, providing government agencies an immediate and cost-effective solution that can help meet and achieve interpretation needs related to important matters.
- RCI is ideal for these examples:
- Testimonies given by LEP individuals on the witness stand, or other statements for the record involving questions and answers
- LEP engagements, such as interviews
- Phone interpretation
- Pretrial hearings
- Initial appearances
- RCI is ideal for these examples:
Interprenet’s expertise in providing high value government interpreter services is vital. Government agencies of all sorts leverage the use of our technology to provide interpretation for a variety of needs from teleconference meetings and tourism to video transcription and interrogations.
Benefits of Government Interpreter Services
At Interprenet, we have a deep understanding of the importance of accuracy within the government sector. Our rigorous quality standards are in place to ensure you consistently receive interpretations that are clear, precise, and 100% accurate.
Utilizing our remote simultaneous interpretation services for your government agency will provide the following benefits:
- Help public services enhance communication and run more efficiently.
- Increase the participation of LEP, which ultimately promotes community integration
- Provide compliance with relevant legislation
- Reduce costs, time, and resources spent on miscommunication errors
- Cultivate a positive public image, trust, and satisfaction with LEP communities
Industries & Agencies Served:
- International Bodies and Organizations
- Local Government
- National Government
- State/Provincial Government
- Department of Justice
- Department of Human Services
- Federal and County Courthouses
- Social Security Administration
- Internal Revenue Service
- Other Government Agencies
Why Choose Interprenet?
Interprenet offers comprehensive interpreting services in support of local, national or global requirements that support the missions of all government agencies.
- Our team is educated on the confidential, yet culturally sensitive nature of the government, and are subject matter experts on government requirements, guidelines, and security.
- We are driven by skilled, native-speaking interpreters who have proven experience in a variety of disciplines.
- Our top priority in working with government agencies is to keep customer information secure and confidential, while delivering quality and accurate translations.
- Our customer service is at the highest levels and we will always offer our services at competitive rates.
- We use the latest cloud-based technology to maximize efficiency, saving you money and time.
Capitalize Today on International Markets!
If you find yourself going to great lengths to meet language access needs created by situations such as federal immigration and refugee resettlement policies, there is no better partner to trust getting the job done than Interprenet.
As an industry leader, we are committed to providing government agencies with the highest quality interpretations. We specialize in identifying, training, and recruiting the most talented interpreters to work with federal and state agencies. Foster trust with your LEP populations by giving them the information they need in their preferred language.
If it’s important to you, it’s important to us. Request a complimentary consultation by email, filling out the form above, or by giving us a call at 1-877-808-5030.