Legal Interpreter Services
The legal industry comprises an extensive group of organizations and individuals. Law firms, private corporations and nonprofit organizations, state and federal courts, legislatures, doctors, patients, asylum seekers, immigrants and international tribunals – to name a few – are all parties to this legal ecosystem that directly or indirectly touches every aspect of life in Chicago, in the United States and around the world. Regardless of your legal context, there is one thing that holds mostly true about the legal industry. It exists to promote justice, fairness, protection and to uphold the rule of law. In law, language plays a critical role in the precise definition and articulation of rules, statutes, protocols, procedures and legislation of any kind. Equally, in a globalized, multicultural and multilingual environment it is essential that language interpretation and translation services are impartial, precise and reliable to ensure that full meaning is conveyed flawlessly from one language into another, thereby serving the best interests of the entire legal community.
In any legal issue, the right words can make all the difference. With more than 7,000 languages and dialects around the world, how do you capture not just the main points in a legal issue but vital legal subtleties in a deposition in Mandarin or an arbitration hearing in Spanish?
Interpretation Services for Legal Industry
InterpreNet offers onsite and remote interpretation services worldwide for all your legal events. When your success depends on the right words in any language, that’s when you want InterpreNet, a leading provider of global interpretation solutions headquartered in Chicago and covering all languages.
- Onsite Consecutive Interpretation (OCI). The interpreter is physically present and interprets what is said sequentially or consecutively, after it is said, phrase by phrase. This is the standard mode of interpretation for the following proceedings:
- Depositions, sworn statements, interrogations, witness preparation meetings, attorney and client meetings, arbitration hearings, trials, mediations, dispute resolutions, insurance investigations, asylum hearings, workers’ compensation hearings, immigration hearings, Independent Medical Evaluations (IMEs).
- Remote Consecutive Interpretation (RCI). Unlike OCI above, the interpreter is available remotely via video conference, on our secure video remote interpretation platform or your web platform of choice. Setup is easy and requires a reliable internet connection. This type of interpretation is common for similar proceedings as OCI, but in the following scenarios:
- Short meetings (less than 2 hours); meetings in rural or remote areas where local interpreters may not be available; rare languages of lesser diffusion for which there are very few interpreters available nationally or internationally; emergency or short-notice requests.
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI). This is the ideal mode and type of interpretation for the following proceedings:
- Conferences, webinars, webcasts, presentations, seminars, lectures and meetings that involve formal presentations and speeches and require real-time (simultaneous) interpretation services. RSI is used regularly for International trade mediations, intergovernmental summits, investigator meetings, insurance forums, internal corporate counsel symposiums, legal administrators conventions, and other congresses attended by lawyers, paralegal and legal professionals. With RSI, delegates can listen to the interpretation in their language of choice on our Interprefy smartphone application. It is the most cost-effective and seamless way of delivering simultaneous interpretation to your audience around the world.
- Onsite Simultaneous Interpretation (OSI). With this traditional service, interpreters are physically present. They use soundproof booths and professional simultaneous interpretation equipment to deliver the interpretation simultaneously (in real-time) to the audience, wearing headsets to listen to the interpretation. OSI is offered at similar types of events as RSI particularly when onsite interpreters need to be present and portable equipment might be required during professional study tour groups.
Benefits of InterpreNet’s Global Interpretation Services for Legal Industry
- Thousands of law firms, courts, insurance companies, government agencies and court reporting agencies have continued to trust InterpreNet for their local and international language needs for over 15 years. Enjoy the peace of mind of having an established name in the global interpretation industry handling all your interpretation needs.
- Confidentiality, security, impartiality, accuracy and reliability are assured through turnkey interpretation solutions that combine top legal interpreters with advanced cloud-based technology for both onsite and remote interpretation delivery.
- A wide range of interpretation solutions for high-level legal and corporate meetings of any size, anytime and anywhere.
- Remote and onsite interpretation services available in any language including sign language.
- With remote simultaneous and consecutive interpretation options it’s easy to secure qualified interpreters on short notice for events taking place anywhere around the world.
- Meeting participants who are unable to travel, can attend high-profile litigations and international mediations remotely and listen to live simultaneous interpretation on their electronic device of choice.
- Complex and technical legal discussions can be organized across international borders in numerous languages, allowing for cost-effective and more productive work sessions.
- Professional interpreters who have one or more of the following qualifications:
- Country, Federal or State Court and Sworn Interpreter Certification (USA and other countries)
- Degree in Translation and Interpretation Studies
- ATA Certification
- Legal Interpreter Training Course
- United Nations Exam Accreditation
- AIIC, NAJIT, TAALs and related conference or judiciary-specific accreditation.
- Our interpreters sign a Code of Conduct and Confidentiality Agreement with the professional guidelines that they are expected to follow. With a hiring ratio of one in ten, we are very selective about the people we work with.
- A commitment to excellence built on long-lasting ties with top professional linguists. Our interpreters average more than 5 years of professional experience interpreting in legal proceedings.
- Interpreters who specialize in or have interpretation expertise in patent law, product liability, medical malpractice, workers compensation, auto accidents, personal injury, corporate law, mediation and other areas of law. Broad range of vocabulary and technical knowledge in many related industries including Finance, Insurance, Healthcare, Pharma, Manufacturing, Software and IT.
Please email us today or call us at 312-928-1188 for a complimentary consultation or fill out the form to request a quote.