What is Remote Simultaneous Interpretation?
Simultaneous interpretation is the process of interpreting what is said, from one language into another, while it is being said. Powerful cloud-based technology makes it possible for remote interpreters to offer simultaneous interpretation from anywhere around the world and at any time, from their own autonomous offices.
There are two main types of interpretation, onsite and remote. For onsite, simultaneous interpreters must think extremely quickly and in two different languages, as they interpret everything said by the speaker in real time to the audience listening on headsets.
Historically since the Nuremburg Trials, simultaneous interpretation has been offered by interpreters who had to be physically present at the location of the conference. However, in the last few years, this is no longer the case as remote interpretation revolutionizes the industry providing equivalent interpreting services at a fraction of the cost.
What are the benefits of Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI)?
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation is the smart and cost-effective solution for the differing possible options of interpretation services at live conferences and virtual meetings.
- Conference attendees can listen conveniently to simultaneous interpretation on their smartphones connected to WiFi or mobile data. They just download our application and can begin listening to interpretation within a few seconds.
- Event planners and conference organizers don’t have to organize the labor-intensive and costly distribution of equipment consisting of wireless receivers and headsets for participants to listen to interpretation.
- Sound isolation or sound proof booths are no longer needed because interpreters work remotely. This saves a lot of floor space and further reduces conference interpretation costs.
- Interpreters don’t have to travel long distances to international conferences which eliminates expensive flight and accommodation expenses.
- For large conferences with multiple breakout rooms and languages, the carbon footprint of an event is reduced significantly.
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation makes it easy to plan events requiring interpretation services. There is no limit to the number of breakout rooms and languages that can be added, even on short notice. Special event organizers don’t have to manage groups of interpreters and technicians on the ground. Instead the interpreting service is offered seamlessly to those who need it, when they need it and on their own electronic devices.
- Remote simultaneous interpretation is also compatible with traditional RF or IR systems and headsets.
- By using remote simultaneous interpreting services, an average of more than 50% cost savings is achieved over traditional simultaneous interpretation services without sacrificing interpreting quality.
- Remote Simultaneous Interpreters are experienced linguists accredited and trained to provide simultaneous interpreter services in the most demanding technical settings.
- Remote simultaneous interpretation is ideal for virtual meetings or webinars on any web conferencing platform of choice. Remote participants can connect remotely to their online meeting on any platform and listen to the simultaneous interpretation on their smartphone or other electronic devices.
How RSI Works
RSI Connects Conference and Web Meeting Participants to Interpreters in Remote Locations
IntepreNet’s RSI Platform connects participants, remote simultaneous interpreters and attendees at a conference or web meeting in the following way:
1. A presenter or participant at a web meeting speaks in one language. His audio and video are streamed to the remote interpreter.
2. A remote interpreter sees and hears the participants at a conference or web meeting on her computer. She then interprets what is said as it is being said, into a different language.
3. A participant at a conference does not understand a speaker’s language. Instead, she uses her RSI smartphone or computer application to listen to everything in her own native language. The simultaneous interpretation is streamed live with no delay or drop in quality. She can hear everything as if the interpreter was in the same room next to her.
- Source RSI Interface allows the presenter or the event tech a user-friendly and secure login for an easy audio and video setup.
- Interpreter RSI Interface gives remote interpreter powerful tools for effective interpretation with one or more partners and in one or several languages. The interpreter hears, sees and can communicate with event speaker through this interface.
- Listener RSI Application can be downloaded by users at an event to easily listen to their language interpretation of choice on any electronic device.
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation is now available for traditional conference events as well as web meetings and online seminars.
Please contact us today for a free demo and consultation by emailing us at email@example.com or calling at 877-928-1188 and asking for an RSI specialist.